Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to this and all other websites (collectively referred to as the “Site”) offered or operated by MagicMyco. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively referred to as “MM”), except for any MM Sites that have their own posted Privacy Notice. Please note that the Site is hosted by MM in the United States and any information you provide may be transferred to the U.S. or other countries.
Information we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for access to MM online resources (including any customer applications), download documents or complete online forms, we may ask you for certain personal information. You may be asked to provide personal information such as: name, title, function, e-mail address, address and certain demographic information. When placing an order or carrying out a transaction on the Site, you may be asked for financial information such as credit card details. You may also voluntarily share other information such as feedback, opinions, or information shared via the Contact Us feature.
- Log information – When you access the Site via a browser, application or other client, our servers automatically record certain information. This may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
No sensitive personal information or personal information of minors
MM does not need or want to collect any sensitive personal information (called special category data in the EU) through the Site. Similarly, minors under the age of 21 years should not provide any personal information to MM through the Site. The Site does not knowingly accept sensitive personal information or personal information of minors from users of the Site and/or any third party sites.
How we use this information
- We use information we collect to help us improve the Site and deliver content and functionality that is best suited for you and your device.
- To analyze your use of the Site for trend monitoring and promotional purposes
- The information we collect allows us to keep you posted on MM’s latest announcements, events, and services that we believe may be of interest to you if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- We may use your information to send important notices or communications regarding services you have ordered from MM, even if you have opted out from our marketing communications.
- To respond to inquiries and comments and provide you with support via your preferred communication channels
- To keep the Site safe and secure and comply with our legal requirements and obligations
- To set up and manage your user account
- For any other new purpose for which we notify you before collecting any personal data
Safeguarding your information
MM uses commercially reasonable efforts to employ security measures designed to protect your personal information from loss, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons. These include, but are not limited to:
- Physical safeguards such as locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your personal information
- Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies
- Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect your personal information
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- How long is the data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
- Do you have an account with us? In this case, we will keep your data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide the services to you.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation.
Accessing and controlling your information
You have the following rights in most circumstances:
- The right of access—The right to know whether data concerning you is being processed and if so, the right to gain access to it with a few exceptions.
- The right to rectification—The right to ensure data held about you is accurate, and if it is not, have it corrected.
- The right to erasure or right to be forgotten—Where MM does not have an overriding legal basis to retain your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing—In some circumstances, you have the right to limit how MM processes your personal information if MM does not have an overriding legal basis to continue processing.
- The right to be informed—MM has a responsibility to provide you with the information contained in this privacy notice and to answer questions if you ask for more detail about anything contained here. For California residents, please note that we do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, so are not required to provide further disclosures of such activity.
- The right to data portability—The right to obtain a copy of the personal data you provided to MM, in a format you can easily take away and load onto another device.
- The right to object—You have the right to withdraw consent or object to processing when processing is based upon consent or legitimate interest as the lawful basis, with some exceptions.